Sunday, February 13, 2011

Testimony PART 1 of 12 God shows up

My journey started when I was 32.
I was very successful by the world’s standards but something was lacking in my life.
I had a hole inside me that I kept trying to fill with things of this world. I bought Rolex watches, stayed in expensive hotels and bought wine at $80 per bottle. I climbed to the top of my profession but still that hole was there.

Then one night God just showed up at our house.
I wasn’t looking for God for that matter I don’t even know if I believed in God, I guess I would say I just didn’t care.
Now, no one brought me to church or brought the gospel to my front door or was trying to pound Jesus into my head. God just showed up and it was the most terrifying event of my life.
I have struggled for years for a word to describe this event and the best I have come up with is exorcism.

For the next 3 days I did not eat or sleep. I cycled from rage to joy.
You know Satan had me for many years and God said enough is enough he is mine and I want him back.
Over those days I thought I was going crazy. But at the same time I knew I wasn’t.

At the end of the 3 days I found that the right side of my body was completely bruised from my shoulders to my waist, from my spine to my breast bone. I had come through a terrible battle, a battle for my soul, and I was afraid of God.

God spoke to me and said you will go to Africa and tell people about me. I said yes God I will.

I immediately quit my job and my family and I moved to Deep River Ontario.

I started to read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Then I read it again and again, I just had to figure out who this Jesus guy was. Now don’t get me wrong, I had heard some stories about Jesus growing up, but I really had no idea who He really was.

While in Deep River my wife Jodi said “now that you are a Christian we should go to church”. I said OK but not that Pentecostal one those people are weird. Now I didn’t know a lot about church but I did know that Pentecostals where looked down upon in the Ottawa Valley because they were weird.
So, on that Sunday we went to Calvary Pentecostal church. I just have to laugh, I “knew” that I wasn’t going there but God had other plans.

There I met Pastor Rick Lott. In short order Rick suggested that I take some Bible courses (which I did) and to this day he is still my mentor and accountability partner.

While in Deep River my wife and I felt we needed to get ride of everything we had acquired before Christ. You see I stepped on a number of people on the way to the top of my career and I just felt that we had to get ride of the old life and be truly born again.

So we gave away are stuff and our money to different social helps organizations around the area. When we were through we had 1 car, a laptop and $2000 to our name; and it felt great!

Please come back for part 2 in a couple of days
Also please check out our website Just Love

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read the next part!

    -Derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story is so amazing & it is so confirming of Jesus's love for us no matter who we are or what we have done & he does not give up on us. Thanks for sharing this & I'm looking forward to the rest of it. Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Your wife gave me a link to this article and I'm very excited to read all 12 parts. Could you please put a subscribe by email widget on the side or something? :) I have this saved now as one of my start up pages, but if they came in email it would be easier. Anyway, I'm very excited to read about your journey!

    ReplyDelete