Sunday, February 13, 2011

Testimony PART 11 of 12 The Green One

When we returned to Canada we contacted PAOC missions and had our first meeting. We went into the meeting assuming we would be going back to Malawi as we had already served there and we already knew some of the Chichewa language. However, once again God had other plans.
Darcy McAllister, our interviewer suggested that we all spend the next 10 days in prayer and seek God’s guidance.
So we went home and started to pray. On day one of prayer I had a vision of a map of Asia. I saw Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. This came as a total shock to me because I had never even considered going there.
I said which one God and God said “the green one”. Now at the time I had no idea what that meant so I went and got the atlas and opened it to the Asia section. There it was Thailand was the green one.
I said ok God now I need 3 witnesses to confirm Thailand. I had 2 mentions of Thailand within the first hour and the 3rd came that evening. Now remember Thailand isn’t real high on the conversation list of people in Brockville.
So there we have it, Thailand it is and yes God we will go.

Other things have lined up in Brockville that have shown us that we are on the path that God has laid out for us.
Our ministry is called “Just Love” and the man in Thailand is that we will be working with in the slums is in the process of creating “The Just Love Foundation”, coincidence, maybe?

Stewart Hunter, while at Highway Pentecostal Church, spoke on missions.
At the end of his talk a collection was taken. I looked in my wallet and I had $100 to my name. I gave it in order to bless a missionary somewhere out there.
Monday morning came and the door bell rang, standing there was the mailman with a package and my mail. I opened the letters to discover a medical over payment check, a check for our Charlotte rent deposit and my 1st unemployment check, which had been tied up in red tape for almost 3 months. Praise God! I believe that God rewarded me for my obedience in giving to missions. Not only did we receive the checks but they were hand delivered!

Please come back for part 12 in a couple of days
Also please check out our website Just Love

No comments:

Post a Comment