Sunday, February 13, 2011

Testimony PART 10 of 12 Flat lined in Denver, Burnt out in Charlotte, The Voice of God

We returned to Denver for a short time before moving onto Charlotte North Carolina.

Now at this point people start to wonder, is this guy American or what. No, I am Canadian, born and raised in the Ottawa Valley, not leaving until I was 27.

While in Denver another remarkable although scary event happened. I died.
At 36 I died on the operating table. It ends up that I am allergic to a couple of anesthetics. I found myself in God’s perfect light. If I had any doubts of Gods existence they were eliminated that day.

When we got to Charlotte we were tired. We decided that we would just sit at the back of the church and try to go unnoticed. But once again God had other plans.
We ended up at a church call New Hope Worship Center where we spent the next 2 years helping with their children’s ministry.
New Hope was the perfect place for us. We were able to recharge our batteries until God once again said NOW.

I was sitting at my desk working away when I heard God say NOW. I immediately recognized God’s voice. It was time to return to the mission field.

I called my wife and told her that God had said it was time to go.
I spoke with my boss and we arranged a good breaking point in the project for me to leave.

I decided that at that point that I would no longer be bi-vocational but would serve God full time. Now it is important to understand that “I” decided but we will get back to that later.

People sometime ask how do you know it is God’s voice?
There are some standard answers to this question, it must line up with scripture etc.
This is absolutely true, but I have also found that the more time you spend with God the more you tend to recognize his voice.
A lot is seen in hindsight; as you look back over the event you see how God connected the dots to get you to the exact place at the exact time He wanted.

God also lines things up for you in advance and you are able to see the path.
For example:
There we were sitting in North Carolina, we already knew that we were going to move to Brockville to help out at my mentor Pastor Rick Lott church, but we had no idea where we were going to stay. We searched the internet for housing that would fit our family and our budget. Since we no longer had an income, our budget was rather small.
We found a very small, very old duplex that we could afford and we said ok God we will live there because we will follow you.
But God had other plans. You see at the same time God was speaking to my in-laws.
God laid our housing situation on their hearts and they decided that they would buy a house in Brockville and rent it out to us at cost. Praise God!
So instead of an old run down duplex we ended up in a lovely little bungalow. But that is just the beginning. The house is only 1.7 km from the church and the house came fully furnished, including all dishes, pots, pans, bedding towels etc.
This was huge because we did not own anything; our furniture etc in North Carolina had been rented.

Please come back for part 11 in a couple of days
Also please check out our website Just Love

No comments:

Post a Comment