Sunday, February 13, 2011

Testimony PART 3 of 12 Slayed by and Baptized by the Holy Spirit

While attending Kalamazoo 1st a man suggested Jodi and I go with him to the Catch the Fire conference at the Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship. It was awesome. When I went there I really wasn’t buying into the whole being slayed in the spirit thing. I had see people hit the floor at church before but I always wondered why they just got up in time for the next part of the service. The same went for speaking in tongues.
Wham! 3 times that weekend I hit floor convulsing like a fish out of water. As I lay there the first time I said to myself “what am I doing? I’m college educated and I’m on the floor is this mass hypnosis, hysteria what?”
The second time it happened I continued to analyze the experience but the third time I simply said ok God I believe.
Heidi Baker of Iris ministry spoke at the conference and said “if anyone has a specific country that you are called to, come forward I want to pray for you”.
Jodi and I both said ok God now give us our country, we know we are to go to Africa but what country?
Nothing.
As Jodi and I drove back to Kalamazoo we both felt a little bummed out because God had not revealed a country.
Then we looked at each other and said “did you say something? No did you? No”. “God just told me to go to Milwaukee and give baked potatoes to the homeless living under the bridges” “Me too!!!”
We were back in Kalamazoo a week or so when I had a strange feeling come over me while I was at work. I phoned Jodi and asked if she could have our kids in bed by the time I got home. I really felt we needed to pray and that something was going to happen.
When I got home I went into our bedroom and sat on the floor with my back against the wall. As I sat there I began to see one of those old red letter flashy boards where the words use to scroll by from right to left. I began to read these foreign words allowed and this was when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Now, I knew that God had told us to go to Milwaukee but I had no idea how we were going to get there. But God did.

Please come back for part 4 in a couple of days
Also please check out our website Just Love

No comments:

Post a Comment