Sunday, February 13, 2011

Testimony PART 6 of 12 S.H.A.L.O.M.

While there, a group called S.H.A.L.O.M. Ministry heard about what we were doing and asked if we would like to partner with them. This was definitely a God send. You see up to that point we were spending our entire pay check on the homeless. We were buying sleeping bags, hats, and mitts. Anything that we felt would benefit them.
When S.H.A.L.O.M. partnered with us they started to provide warm clothing and boots for the homeless. They also gave us an opportunity to expand our ministry and our knowledge base.
Through S.H.A.L.O.M. we started to serve at the Salvation Army Homeless shelter. Here my daughter got involved in puppet ministry; the big stick puppets not the little hand one you might have at home.
Jodi and I got an opportunity to council the people in the Shelter. This really stretched us. We met, became friends, and loved on crack addicts. We heard their pain, their hopelessness. We heard how their hopelessness led to alcohol, then to pot then to crack. We saw the damage that crack did to their teeth, how they would break away and fall out. We saw how their hopelessness destroyed their bodies.
We met a prostitute that would inject cocaine into her neck. I can still see the scares. We heard her story, again no hope, and no real love.
There was another prostitute that offered her 6 year old daughter to her drug dealer if he would just give her a little something to take the pain of this world away.

I walked up to a man’s room at the shelter, along the way he shared his story about being in prison. He shared how he had been continuously raped, starting that very 1st night. Why, why he cried. Why did it happen to me? He told me of his first night in prison, a night that would repeat itself many time while he was there. He asked me why?
I said I do not know. But I know that Jesus loves you, I know that you can start a new life, one that is new, one that is clean.

As quick as Can Alley had started it ended. I noticed that my passion was shifting and I could not understand it.
Can Alley ministry was growing, people were getting saved and “our men” where getting jobs. God, what is happening? This ministry is a success! What are you doing?

Please come back for part 7 in a couple of days
Also please check out our website Just Love

No comments:

Post a Comment