Sunday, February 13, 2011

Testimony PART 7 of 12 What is a Malawi?

One night Jodi and I were sitting in the living room and God said “Malawi”.
Once again we looked at each other and what?
Malawi? God had spoken Malawi to us both at the same time.
What is a Malawi? We had no idea so we googled it and sure enough Malawi was a country in Africa. God had finally given us our country.

We said yes God we will go.
I had learned to obey God, but I hadn’t quite figured out His timing yet.

I said ok, God wants us in Malawi. How will I make that happen? I called a company that I had worked for in the past and we moved to Green Bay Wisconsin. This was my answer, more money, which should get us to Malawi.
Guess what, I jumped the gun. I wasn’t listening to God and we had the worst 6 months ever. You see this was supposed to be a job in Green Bay. We rented a nice house with a huge back yard. This was the first house we had lived in, in 8 years; it was going to be great. That is if we had gotten to live in it.
What I didn’t know was that this job was 100% travel so we ended up living in a hotel in St Paul Minnesota for 5 months, only returning to our great house on weekends to cut the foot tall grass!
There were a couple of highlights. When we where home we attended Central Assembly of God. Pastor Ed Garvin and his wife Jodi were inspiring to us. They allowed us the privilege of helping with their children’s ministry and with their 4th of July outreach. These opportunities expanded our experience base and would come to great use a few years later. I have come to realize that God puts you or allows you to be in places for a reason. We don’t always understand why, but that’s ok too.

With the traveling back and forth to St. Paul it was impossible to save any money.
After 6 months of this I got really mad at God. I said God you told us to go to Malawi, this is your deal so you have to provide for it! The only thing I am going to do is turn on my resume.

The next day I got 13 job offers before noon.

Please come back for part 8 in a couple of days
Also please check out our website Just Love

No comments:

Post a Comment